The PLE Conference (Barcelona, July 8+9 2010) is intended to produce a space for researchers and practitioners to exchange ideas, experience and research around the development and implementation of PLEs including the design of environments, sociological and educational issues and their effectiveness and desirability as (informal) learning spaces.
Conference themes include (but are not limited to):
- Theories and frameworks for Personal Learning Environments
- Technologies and software for developing Personal Learning Environments
- PLEs in Practice (case studies, approaches to using PLEs)
- Educational institutions, change and PLEs
- Pedagogical approaches to managing personal learning
- The development and management of Personal Learning Networks Mobile PLEs and augmented reality
- Supporting informal and contextual learning
- Using PLEs in organisations
- Using PLEs for Work based learning
As well as the face to face sessions, the conference will be supported by a variety of different online spaces. You can join the YouTube group for the PLE conference at http://www.youtube.com/group/PLE2010CONF. The YouTube group will also be used for the Mediacast Contest: a celebration of User Generated Content with awards for the best three mediacast productions on Personal Learning Environments. Selected papers will be published by the International Journal of Virtual and Personal Learning Environments.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE – March 26th